The Pleasant Hearth 33K BTU 30' Valley Oak Vent Free Gas Log Set is the ideal choice to bring style and warmth to your home. State-of-the-art vent free technology does not require a flue or chimney. This vent free gas log set functions with the option of Natural Gas or Propane. 33,000 BTUs will heat up to 1,100 Sq.
Heating your home in those cold winter months can be accomplished in many different ways. Even if you have a whole house heating system like a heat pump or other heating method, you may still want to add a system that can be used without electricity as a supplementary heat source.
Those who don’t have a whole house system are likely searching for an efficient way to heat their home. Choosing gas logs for your home can be a great way to heat an entire space, depending on the size, or add an extra heating method to a room in your home. There are many options when it comes to gas logs available for purchase.
Pleasant Hearth Valley Oak 24 Inch Vent Free Gas Log Set, 33,000 BTU - VFL2-VO24DR. Pleasant Hearth Wildwood 18 Inch Dual Fuel Vent Free Gas Log Set, 30,000 BTU - VFL2-WW18DT. This log set has been tested and approved to ANS Z21.11.2 2013 standard for Unvented Heaters and can be operated with the flue damper closed. State and local codes in some areas prohibit the use of vent-free heaters. DUAL FUEL CAPABILITY Your heater is equipped to operate on either propane or natural gas.
Gas logs can be a great way to heat different areas of your home. If you have a smaller space they can actually be used as your primary heat source. They come in several style options so you can choose one that matches your home decor.
Gas logs may require professional installation especially if you have no knowledge of home projects or you’ve never had gas logs in your home before. It’s important to read the details of the logs you’re considering purchasing as some include the entire heating system while others will just include the decorative logs. The following is a list of the 10 best gas logs by consumer report.
No products found.
10. Regal Flame 5 Piece 16″ Birch Ceramic Wood Gas Fireplace Logs
The Regal Flame 5 Piece Birch Ceramic Fireplace logs includes the following logs: one 16″, one 14.5″, and three 9.5″. This set can be used in many different styles of gas fireplaces and would be ideal for small to medium size fireplaces.
This set of gas logs from Regal Flame has a beautiful design that resembles authentic birch wood. The logs are carefully sculpted with details for authenticity. They can be used with ventless gas, propane, ethanol, zero clearance, and many other types of fireplaces.
- can be used indoors or outdoors
- have an extremely realistic look
- made of durable ceramic
- birch finish provides a unique look to your fireplace
- logs have some hot spots that glow red and orange to look authentic
- can be used in nearly any type of gas fireplace or fire pit
- not ideal for use in larger fireplaces
- logs may darken in color after use
This set of ceramic logs from Regal Flame are designed to look like real birch wood. The set includes 5 individual logs of various lengths that you can arrange in your fireplace. They can be used in many different types of fireplaces or fire pits inside or outside.
9. Barton Fireplace Decoration Petite Ceramic Wood
The Barton Fireplace Decoration Petite Ceramic Wood comes in a 10 piece set. This set of logs includes the following dimensions: two 15.3″, two 14″, two 11.5″, two 11.3″, and two 10″. These logs would work well in many medium to large size fireplaces.
The log set from Barton has a finish that’s designed to simulate the look of real wood. Each piece is made of extremely durable ceramic that’s designed to hold up to many hours of burning in your gas fireplace. They’re designed not to scratch or scuff your fireplace.
- can be used for ethanol, gel, propane, vent free, and other types of fireplaces
- have smooth edges so they don’t damage your fireplace
- colors and texture of logs makes them look real
- logs can be placed how you want them in the fireplace
- various shapes and sizes make the logs look authentic when burning
- logs burn clean without odors or soot
- logs don’t include a grate for realistic placement
- these logs don’t have the same red and orange glow as some other similar options
This set of 10 logs from Barton come in sizes ranging from 10″ to 15″ so they can be used in many different types and sizes of fireplaces. They can also be used outdoors in a fire pit. The logs are designed to replicate the look of authentic wood.
8. Natural Glo Small Fake Fireplace Logs
The Natural Glo Small Fake Fireplace Logs are designed to be used in an existing fireplace. They have an authentic look that will make everyone think you have real logs in your gas fireplace. This set includes 7 logs with 3 pine cones as an accent.
This set includes artificial logs that range in size from 4″ to 9″ making them ideal for use in a small fireplace. They are designed to burn clean and won’t emit any chemicals or odors into your home so you don’t have to worry about family safety.
- free of ash and residue when burned
- easy to install in your fireplace
- have a realistic look and texture
- ideal for use in small fireplaces
- made of long-lasting ceramic
- have realistic looking hot spots that glow red or orange
- can’t be used in larger fireplace
- are simply ornamental and don’t actually burn
These faux logs are designed to replicate the look of actual logs. They are very small and are ideal for use in am existing gas fireplace or outdoor fire pit. The logs don’t emit any chemical odors, ash, or soot and are clean burning and safe to use in your home.
7. Pleasant Hearth VFL-VO30DR 30″ Valley Oak Series Vent Free Gas Log Set
The Pleasant Hearth VFL-VO30DR Valley Oak Series Vent Free Gas Log Set is a complete heating system for those looking to install gas logs in their home. This set includes the logs and the heating elements that can be used with either propane or natural gas.
This set has logs that are designed to look authentic. The system can provide up to 33,000 BTUs of heat to work in a space up to 1,100 square feet. It’s ideal for use in small homes and can be a great backup method of heating when you’re power is out.
- comes with a convenient remote control
- includes a burning pan that looks like a real glowing bed of ashes from a wood fire
- logs are stacked in a realistic looking way
- system requires no electricity
- can be used to heat a small home efficiently
- includes the heating element where other sets only have the decorative logs
- system is pricier than log sets
- may require professional installation
This gas logs heating system has everything you need to heat a space up to 1,100 square feet. It includes the decorate logs that are designed to look just like real wood. This fireplace can be fueled by either propane or natural gas.
6. Peterson Real Fyre 24-inch Live-Oak Log Set With Vented Burner
The Peterson Real Fyre 24-Inch Love-Oak Set comes with a vented burner. This fireplace gas logs set is designed to be used with natural gas. The length of the logs at the longest point is around 24″ making this set ideal for use in medium to large size fireplaces.
This set of logs comes with the burner so you don’t have to purchase each element separately. The logs are designed to look authentic and have extremely small details for authenticity. The included logs are stacked on a grate for easy installation.
- designed for use with natural gas only
- comes with nearly everything needed for installation
- can heat a small room or be used as a secondary heat source
- includes the burner
- fireplace is designed to be match lit for convenience
- logs in the set appear to be authentic
- doesn’t put out enough heat for medium to large size spaces
- may require professional installation
This gas logs set includes the burner and logs stacked in a grate for an authentic looking gas fire. This single burner unit is great as a secondary heat source and to add an element of coziness to your space. The logs vary in size for a look that resembles a real wood burning fireplace.
5. Emberside by SureHeat MV18VFMLP Mountain Vernon Oak Vent Free Dual Burner Log Set
The Emberside by SureHeat MV18VFMLP Mountain Vernon Oak Vent Free Log Set has been designed to be used in a liquid propane fueled fireplace. This log set has an authentic look with a texture that makes them look like real logs, even up close.
This set of logs from Emberside by SureHeat has a total length of 18″ making them ideal for use in medium size fireplaces. They are easy to install and require virtually no setup before you can begin using them in your existing gas fireplace.
- set contains 6 highly detailed logs for an authentic look
- they can fit all fireplaces with a minimum front width of 28″
- logs are a CSA approved heating appliance
- can be used to heat a space of around 1200 to 1500 square feet
- equipped with manually controlled valve system
- made of long-lasting ceramic
- only designed for use with liquid propane
- larger size means they won’t fit into many small fireplaces
This set of logs is designed to be used with liquid propane fueling systems. They can be used to heat a small to medium size home. The logs have a realistic look with lots of detail and are stacked on a tiered grate to make them look authentic even when you’re looking at them up close.
4. Regal Flame 5 Piece Set of Ceramic Wood
The Regal Flame 5 Piece Set of Ceramic Wood comes with the following logs: one 15″, one 14″, two 11″, and one 10.” These logs are made of durable and heat resistant ceramic and have a detailed design that will fool everyone into thinking they’re real logs.
This set of ceramic logs from Regal Flame can be used in many types of fireplaces. They’re ideal for outdoor fire pits, indoor gas fireplaces, outdoor gas fireplaces, natural gas, and fake fireplaces. They are easy to install and virtually maintenance free.
- can be used in nearly any type of gas fireplace for an authentic look
- logs burn clean without soot or smells
- designed to cook quickly
- look like real logs
- equipped with some orange and red hot spots for authenticity
- versatile and can be used in many different applications
- not ideal for use in large fireplaces
- logs are smaller and thinner than some other available options
This set of ceramic logs includes 5 separate logs in varying dimensions. They are designed to be safe to use in many different types of fireplaces. The logs have a realistic look and burn without causing any soot or chemicals odors in your home.
3. Peterson Real Fyre 18-inch Charred Oak Gas Logs
The Peterson Real Frye 18-Inch Charred Oak Gas Logs are also available in 2 larger size options for those who have larger fireplaces. These logs are made of superior materials with a ceramic construction that’s designed to last through many hours of burning.
This set of gas logs from Peterson Real Frye have been reinforced with steel rods to make them last longer. The logs have an efficient design that helps them burn cleanly and protect the environment from the wasting of natural resources.
- meticulously hand painted for realistic details
- made of strong and durable materials
- designed to be used with vented gas log systems
- have a realistic look
- set includes several log pieces of different sizes for authenticity
- logs burn clean without odor or soot
- burner must be purchased separately
- not large enough to be visible in bigger fireplace setups
This set of gas logs is designed to use in vented gas log systems. The set includes several different sizes of logs all of which have been hand painted to look authentic. The logs are ideal for use in small to medium size fireplaces.
2. Regal Flame 9 Piece Petite Set of Ceramic Wood Gas Fireplace Logs
The Regal Flame 9 Piece Petite Set of Ceramic Fireplace logs comes with a set of 9 realistic looking logs that can be used in your gas fireplace or fire pit. These logs range in size from 4″ to 9″ and each one is extremely detailed for an authentic look.
This set of ceramic logs from Regal Flame can also be purchased in a set of 18 for those who have larger fireplaces. The set of 9 is ideal for small fireplaces where you don’t have space for large logs. Each log has a unique look and is designed to appear authentic. Convert a mac raw file into a dmg.
- handcrafted logs for one of a kind look
- can be used in many different types of fireplaces including outdoor and indoor applications
- logs burn clean without toxic fumes
- great for use in fire pits, gel fireplaces, electric inserts, and more
- no need to worry about chemical odors or soot
- logs cool quickly for safely
- logs are quite small and not ideal for use in medium or large fireplaces
- thinner logs can’t be seen in some styles of fireplaces
This set of 9 logs from Regal Flame comes with various sizes of logs with each one being hand crafted for an authentic look. The logs are great for use in a small fireplace as they are smaller than most other options. They can be used in indoor or outdoor fireplaces and fire pits.
1. Natural Glo Large Gas Fireplace Logs
Pleasant Hearth Gas Log Remote
The Natural Glo Large Gas Fireplace Logs come in a set of 10 various size logs. They are each individually designed to look like real logs to give you the feeling of a wood burning fireplace without the mess and cleanup associated with burning actual logs.
This set of logs from Natural Glo has a unique design that allows them to show some hot spots as red and orange when they’re burning. This adds to the authenticity of the logs. They are made of ceramic and designed to last.
- clean burning with no smell or ashes
- can be used in outdoor or indoor fireplaces
- set includes 10 different size logs from 10″ to 15″
- logs are crafted with details to look real
- 10 piece set can be used in medium to large size fireplaces
- can be used in propane, gel, indoor gas, outdoor gas, and many other types of fireplaces
- higher price than many other gas log sets
- only includes the logs, burner has to be purchased separately
This set of 10 various size logs from Natural Glo come in lengths that range from 10 to 15 inches. The logs are designed with lots of detail to make them look real. They burn cleanly without releasing ash, soot, or any type of chemical odor.
Having gas logs in your home can be a great way to heat a room or a smaller house. They can be installed in your living room, bedroom, or family room. It’s important to know that if you don’t already have gas lines installed you may need a professional to complete the installation.
Gas logs are great for those who are seeking a different way to heat their home that doesn’t require electricity. Plus, if you live in an area that has bad winter weather you can use your logs to heat your home if the power goes out.
Gas logs come in several different styles so you can find an option that looks great in your space. When you’re choosing among the different gas log options, it can be helpful to read consumer reviews to find the best for the money you want to spend.
- 1. Natural Glo Large Gas Fireplace Logs