Windows Experience Index has been removed from Windows 10. Then, how to check the Windows Experience Index on your Windows 10 computer? Are there available Windows Experience Index alternatives? MiniTool Software will show you this information in this post.
Winaero Wei Tool free download - LongPicture Tool, Postman - The POST Request Tool, NetPerf - The Network Performance Testing Tool, and many more programs.
What Is Windows Experience Index?
The Windows operating system has a module of Windows System Assessment Tool (WinSAT). It is used to measure the performance and capabilities of the computer hardware and then report them a Windows Experience Index (WEI) score.
Score Ranges of Windows Experience Index
The subscores of WEI include processor, memory, 2D graphics, 3D graphics, and disk. You can get a score for each element. You can consider them as Windows 10 performance tests
The base score is equal to the lowest of the subscores and it is not an average of the subscores. The WEI scores have different ranges: they range from 1.0 to 5.9 for Windows Vista, 7.9 for Windows 7, and 9.9 for Windows 8/10.
Effects of Windows Experience Index
Through WET scores, you can check whether your computer hardware performance can meet the performance of the software requirements. For example, the Aero graphical user interface will be automatically enabled only when the system has a WEI score of 3 or higher.
Besides, WEI can tell you which part of your system can be expected to offer the greatest increase in performance after an upgrade. For example, if the memory has the lowest subscore, you can benefit more from a RAM upgrade than replacing/upgrading other elements.
Winaero Wei Tool Windows 10 Download
Since the graphical user interface for WinSAT has been removed since Windows 8.1, you will not see the Windows 10 experience index in WEI. However, the command line WinSAT tool is still available. Also, there are some other available methods for you to perform a computer performance test Windows 10.
Winaero Wei Windows 10
In the following parts, we will show you how to check the Windows experience index in different ways.
SSD is gradually replacing traditional HDD due to its high disk performance. There are some tools that can help you monitor SSD health and performance.
How to Check the Windows Experience Index?
- Use WinSAT
- Use Windows PowerShell
- Use System Diagnostics
- Use Winaero WEI tool
Method 1: Use WinSAT
WinSAT is still available in Windows 10. You can use WinSAT to generate the Windows Experience Index.
1. Run Command Prompt as Administrator.
2. Type winsat formal and press Enter.
3. You should wait until the process ends. Then, you can go to this C:WindowsPerformanceWinSATDataStore to find an xml file that is named as [Date] Formal.Assessment (Recent).WinSAT.
4. Open the file with a web browser and then you can see the Windows 10 experience index for your computer.
Method 2: Use Windows PowerShell
The WinSAT command is available in Windows PowerShell. You can follow these steps to do the job:
- Right-click the Start button and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Click Yes on the User Account Control interface to allow the tool to run on your computer.
- After entering the PowerShell interface, you need to type Get-CimInstance Win32_WinSat and press Enter. Then, you can see the Windows experience index.
Method 3: Use System Diagnostics
You can also check the Windows experience index using the Windows Performance Monitor. Here is a guide:
- Click Search and type performance in the search box.
- Select Performance Monitor from the search result to open
- Go to Data Collector Sets > System > System Diagnostics.
- Right-click System Diagnostics and select Start to run System Diagnostic.
- The System Diagnostic tool will begin to collect information regarding your system. When the process ends, you can go to Report > System > System Diagnostics > [your computer name] to see the System Diagnostic Report.
- Scroll down to find Hardware Configuration.
- Go to the Desktop Rating option and open the two additional dropdowns. Then, you can see the Windows experience index.
Method 4: Use Winaero WEI Tool
Winaero WEI tool is third-party software that can generate a visual Windows Experience Index. This tool is totally free and it can quickly show you the Windows 10 performance tests result.
You can download it on your computer. After that, you can open the downloaded zip file and open the WEI.exe file to directly open the tool (yes! You don’t need to install this utility on your computer). This tool will soon show you the Windows experience index.
Windows Experience Index Alternatives
You can discover that the Windows experience index only shows you limited information. You may want to get more data from Windows 10 performance tests. Avg free error installing.
Besides, there is a severe limit in Windows experience index. Windows Experience Index score comes from the lowest hardware performance. It doesn’t show you the true results.
So, you will ask are there available Windows Experience Index alternatives?
Of course, you can use third-party software to perform a computer performance test Windows 10. Here, we will give you two choices: SiSoftware Sandra and UserBenchmark.
SiSoftware Sandra is a system benchmarking tool (download it on your computer). You can use it to test your computer hardware and then compare it with others.
It has an online reference database and you can use it to make a comparison of the system like the processor, internet connection, etc. Through these comparisons, you will know whether it is worthwhile to perform a hardware upgrade.
UserBenchmark can run a suite of benchmarking tools on your system (download it on your computer) and then show the results in the default web browser. Then, you can make a comparison with others.
Windows Experience Index is not available in Windows 10. But, you can still check it using other ways. You can try the methods mentioned in this article to easily get the scores. Should you have any questions when dealing with your computer issue, you can let us know in the comment.