- If you want to run Windows from a USB, the first step is to sign into your current Windows 10 computer and create a Windows 10 ISO file that will be used to install the operating system onto the.
- If you have Office 2010 or earlier and choose to perform a clean install of Windows 10, you will need to locate your Office product key. For tips on locating your product key, check Find your Office 2010 product key or Enter the product key for your Office 2007 program.
- 9th & Vine DVD Compatible With Windows 10 Home 32-64 bit & 2019 Drivers Combo. Install To Factory Fresh, Recover, Repair and Restore Boot Disc. 3.5 out of 5 stars.
- Open your browser of choice and go to Microsoft’s Windows 10 download site. Under the heading Create Windows 10 installation media, select Download tool now. While the MediaCreationTool20H2.exe is downloading, plug in your USB drive and make sure that it has enough space for the installer (8GB). It’s best to delete everything on it.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Download Usb Bootable
- Windows 10 Os Free Usb Installer
- Windows 10 Download Install Usb
- Windows 10 Download Tool Usb
How to install Windows 10 from USB on new PC? You can learn three ways to make it with detailed instructions.
If you want to install Windows 10 directly from the ISO file without using a DVD or flash drive, you can do so by mounting the ISO file. This will perform an upgrade of your current operating system to Windows 10. To mount the ISO file: Go to the location where the ISO.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|1. Migrate OS to install Windows 10 on new PC - the simplest way||Use EaseUS partition management software to migrate OS to HDD/SSD with clicks to install Windows 10 on new PC without any boot issue..Full steps|
|2. Install Windows 10 on new PC with bootable USB||Use a simple tool to create a Windows 10 installation USB, and then, install Windows 10 on a new PC from the bootable USB..Full steps|
|3. Install Windows 10 from USB via Windows Media Creation tool||Windows Media Creation Tool to create a Windows 10 installation USB and install OS on new PC..Full steps|
How to Migrate OS to Install Windows 10 on New PC in Simple Clicks
The simplest and quickest way to install Windows 10 on a new PC is to migrate OS to HDD/SSD instead of installing Windows from USB. But how to migrate Windows 10 to a new PC? EaseUS Partition Master comes to help you. This ultimate partition manager offers full-around solutions to organize your hard drive and improve the computer's capableness.
- Resize/move, merge, clone partition, and check file system error.
- Clone disk, convert to GPT/MBR, convert to dynamic/basic, and even wipe data.
- Migrate OS to HDD/SSD, increase partition space, and more
- A computer running on Windows 10
- Remove the system disk from your new PC and connect it to the Windows 10 computer
- Download EaseUS Partition Master
Step-by-Step Guide to Migrate Windows 10 to HDD/SSD
Steps to migrate OS to HDD/SSD:
- Run EaseUS Partition Master, select Migrate OS from the top menu.
- Select the SSD or HDD as the destination disk and click Next.
- Check Warning: the data and partitions on the target disk will be deleted. Make sure that you've backed up important data in advance. If not, do it now.
- Then click Continue.
- Preview the layout of your target disk. Then click Proceed to start migrating your OS to a new disk
Note: The operation of migrating OS to SSD or HDD will delete and remove existing partitions and data on your target disk when there is not enough unallocated space on the target disk. If you saved important data there, back up them to an external hard drive in advance.
After system cloning, connect the disk back to the new PC. Then, start it with Windows 10. If your computer can not start, you can enter the BIOS and set the cloned new disk as the boot device.
- Restart the PC. When the startup screen appears, constantly press F2/F12/DEL to enter BIOS.
- Next, use the arrow key to choose the Boot tap and select the cloned hard disk as the first boot option.
- Save the settings and restart your computer.
How to Install Windows 10 from a Bootable USB Flash Drive
If you're looking for a tutorial on how to install Windows 10 on new PC only with the help of a USB flash drive, don't walk away. Read through the following content and learn to install Windows 10 from a bootable USB or install with Windows 10 ISO file by media creation tool.
Guides in this part show you how to create a bootable Windows 10 installation USB and install OS on new PC.
1 - Preparations:
- UltraISO - a tool to create Windows 10 bootable USB
- A USB flash drive with at least 8GB free space
- An idle computer where you'll format the USB flash drive
- EaseUS Partition Master - the best USB format tool
- Your new PC - which you'll install Windows 10 on it
Then, follow the three steps for Installing Windows 10 from USB on a new PC.
2 - Format the USB Drive and Set the Primary Partition as Active
Click the download button and install EaseUS Partition Master on the idle computer, which can be your old one or your friend's.
Step 1. Select the USB drive to format.
Connect the USB drive or pen drive to your computer. Download and launch EaseUS partition software. Right-click the USB drive you intend to format and choose 'Format'.
Step 2. Set the drive letter and file system.
Assign a new partition label, file system (NTFS/FAT32/EXT2/EXT3), and cluster size to the selected partition, then click 'OK'.
Step 3. Check the warning box.
Click 'OK' if you see the Warning window. If you have important data on it, back up the data in advance.
Step 4. Apply the changes.
Click the 'Execute operation' button first, and then click 'Apply' to format the USB drive.
- The Set active option is only available when your USB flash drive partition style is Primary. You might need to convert the logical partition to the primary partition if marking the partition as active fails at this step.
Another Way to format a USB flash drive to install win 10 from USB:
- 1. Connect the USB flash drive to your technician PC.
- 2. Open Disk Management: Right-click on Start and choose Disk Management.
- 3. Format the partition: Right-click the USB drive partition and choose Format. Select the FAT32 file system to be able to boot either BIOS-based or UEFI-based PCs.
- 4. Set the partition as active: Right-click the USB drive partition and click Mark Partition as Active.
3 - Create a Windows 10 Installation USB Flash Drive
When you plan to install Windows 10, you often need a CD or USB flash disk to install it. How to create a Windows 10 bootable USB? UltraISO tool can be used to burn a Windows10 DVD or ISO to the USB flash drive. Do it by following the steps below.
- Plug the empty formatted USB drive into the computer.
- Open and run the UltraISO tool. Select 'File' > 'Open' to import the ISO installation source file of the Windows 10 operating system.
- Select 'Bootable' > 'Write Hard Disk Image' from the main menu. Select the USB drive you intend to boot from.
- Click the 'Write' button, then the USB flash drive will be burned and written into the Window10 system.
- After the burning is completed, you can use the USB as the installation disk to install the Windows 10 operating system.
4 - How to Install Windows 10 from USB Flash Drive on New PC
Now that you have known what you need if you want to Windows 10 from USB on a new PC, you can follow the details to install Windows OS. Connect the bootable USB flash drive to a new PC, ensure the USB device is detected, then select it as the main boot device.
- Turn on the PC and press the key that opens the boot-device selection menu for the computer, such as the Esc/F10/F12 keys. Select the option that boots the PC from the USB flash drive.
- Windows Setup starts. Follow the instructions to install Windows 10. Note that some installation may continue after you log in, so be patient. You also need to check for Windows Updates (Settings > Updates & Security > Windows Update) after installation to ensure everything is up to date.
- Remove the USB flash drive.
Sometimes, it'll be greater to install Windows 10 on an external hard drive. In this way, you can use your own customized Windows 10 operating system wherever you go.
How to Install Windows 10 from USB with Windows Media Creation Tool
If you want to know how to install Windows 10 from USB with the help of the Windows Media Creation Tool, take two minutes to read through this part. As estimated, 90% of the readers would be able to start alone to install Windows 10 from USB on their own after reading this part. Now, it's your time to learn to install windows 10 from USB with Windows Media Creation Tool.
1 - Download Windows 10 Tool to Install Windows 10 from USB
To get started in this way, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. Then, you can download and create Windows 10 installation media creation tool, and use the tool to install Windows 10 from USB or Windows ISO file. Download Windows 10 tool. Then, see the instructions below.
Before you download the Windows 10 tool, make sure you have:
- A fast internet connection
- Adequate data storage on a computer, USB or external drive to download tool
- A blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space or blank DVD (and DVD burner) for creating media
- As creating Windows 10 installation media will delete the content on USB or blank DVD, you’d better use a blank USB or blank DVD.
- If you are told the disc image file is too large when burning a DVD from an ISO file, you will need to use Dual Layer (DL) DVD Media.
2 - How to Create Windows 10 Installation Media
Step 1. Download and run the tool as an administrator.
Step 2. On the 'What do you want to do?' interface, select 'Create installation media for another PC', and then select 'Next'.
Step 3. Choose the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10.
Step 4. Select media tool you want to use:
- USB flash drive - connect a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space to your computer.
- ISO file - Save an ISO file to your PC, which you can use to create a DVD. After the ISO file is downloaded, go to the location where the file is saved, can use the Windows Disk Image Burner to create an installation DVD with simple steps.
To burn Windows 10 ISO file into a DVD
- Find the location where the ISO file is saved
- Right-click the ISO file > select 'Properties' > click 'General' > 'Change' > select 'Windows Explorer' for the program you would like to use to open ISO files and select 'Apply'.
- Right-click the ISO file and select 'Burn disc image'.
If you want to install Windows 10 on a new PC directly from the ISO file without using a DVD or USB flash drive, you can make it by mounting the ISO file. This will perform an upgrade of your current operating system to Windows 10.
To mount the ISO file
- Find the Windows ISO file, right-click it and select 'Properties'.
- Click 'General' > 'Change' > select 'Windows Explorer' for the program you would like to use to open ISO files and select 'Apply'.
- Right-click the ISO file and select 'Mount'.
- Open and check the ISO file. Double-click setup.exe to start the Windows 10 setup.
Once you have created the Windows 10 media tool, continuing using the steps below to install Windows 10.
3 - How to Install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool
Step 1. Connect the USB flash drive or insert the DVD to the new PC where you want to install Windows 10.
Step 2. Restart your PC and boot your PC from USB or DVD media. If not, you need to press a key (such as F2, F12, Delete, or Esc) immediately after you turn on your PC to open the boot menu and change the boot order.
Tip: If the bootable USB drive not showing up or recognized in Windows 10, check the tutorial and find way out.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows 10 installation. Enter your Windows 10 license key when a pop-up appears for a product key during installation.
Step 4. After Windows 10 installation finishes, make sure you have all the necessary device drivers installed.
To check for updates now, select the Start button, go to 'Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates'.
Installing Windows 10 from USB Conclusion
This article provides you three common ways to install Windows 10 to a new PC:
- Migrate OS to install Windows 10 on a new PC without effort.
- Install Windows 10 from a bootable USB.
- Install Windows 10 from USB using Windows 10 media creation tool.
Installing Windows 10 from USB is complex work, you should follow the instructions exactly. If there is any problem during the process, you can contact our technical support team via live chat or email: [email protected] for faster and more efficient help.
FAQs - How to Install Windows 10 from USB (Troubleshooting)
Some people are complaining that they often have doubts when upgrading Windows 10 or installing Windows 10 from USB. Let's troubleshoot them one by one.
How do I install Windows from a USB drive?
Step 1. Format the USB drive and set the Primary Partition as Active
Step 2. Download and run the Media Creation Tool on the idle PC (connected to the internet).
Step 3. Create a Windows installation media on empty USB.
Step 4. Install Windows 10 from the USB flash drive on your new PC.
Step 5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Windows 10 installation.
How can I make USB bootable?
To create a bootable USB flash drive:
Step 1. Download and run the Media Creation Tool on the idle PC (connected to the internet).
Step 2. Create Windows Installation Media on empty USB.
Can I install Windows 10 using USB?
If you prefer to use the newer version, though, you can create and use a USB drive that runs Windows 10 directly. You will need a USB flash drive with at least 8GB of free space, but preferably 32GB. You will also need a license to activate Windows 10 on the USB drive.
How do I install Windows 10 from USB to SSD?
- Shut down your system. remove the old HDD and install the SSD - there should be only the SSD attached to your system during the installation process.
- Insert the Bootable Installation Media.
- Go into your BIOS and if SATA Mode is not set to AHCI, change it. Read more..
How to Partition a Windows 10 Hard Drive After Installing Windows 10 from USB?
You can easily resize, extend, shrink, or create a partition on a hard drive with EaseUS Partition Master. Download this software and partition Windows 10 hard drive with ease.
Position: Resource - Backup & Restore - How to Copy Windows 10 to USB External Drive? [FREE]
DiskGenius - A free Windows migration tool that can copy Windows 10 to new hard drive, smaller SSD or USB external drive easily and quickly without affecting current OS.
Want to transfer Windows 10 to a USB drive
'I bought a laptop recently with Windows 10 installed. I'm wondering if it is possible to move Windows to a USB drive as a backup or something like that. There might be BSOD or system crash due to unknown reasons, and I hope the USB drive can come to the rescue then. Do I need to download a Windows 10 installer or ISO? Do you have any easy solutions online to copy Windows 10 to an external HDD?'
Copying Windows 10 to a USB drive enables you to carry the system with you all the time. With a portable Windows 10, you can access it anywhere you like as long as there is a computer at hand. Moreover, it can also help you deal with unbootable computers easily. When you want to run the system from USB drive, you can simply connect it to computer and configure boot sequence.
When it comes to the way of transferring Windows 10 to USB drives, many online guides suggest using Windows To Go. However, Windows To Go feature is only available in Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education, and it is removed in Windows 10, version 2004 and later operating system. It does not provide any updates, and thus you cannot stay current. What's more, you need to prepare a specific type of USB in order to make use of this function. For this reason, it is recommended to use an alternative solution which needs simpler steps and less time. The following content explains how to clone existing Windows 10 to a USB disk and make the USB disk bootable using a third-party system migration tool.
Free disk cloning software to transfer OS to USB external drive
If Windows To Go feature is not available for your Windows operating system, or there is not a certified USB drive at hand, you can totally choose an alternative solution, the third-party software, to fulfill the task. Using third-party software makes the task easier. DiskGenius Free Edition is free and effective disk cloning software as well as system migration tool. It enables users to migrate Windows 10/8/7 to new or smaller SSD, hard drive, external HDD and USB flash drive. DiskGenius provides an option which can make the USB drive bootable during system migration if it detects that the target disk is connected via USB. In addition to migrating Windows, DiskGenius provides many other useful features:
- Clone hard drive that has bad sectors so that you can recover data from target disk without being affected by bad sectors. You can configure the way to skip bad sectors.
- Clone hard drive to smaller SSD/HDD. Disk cloning function support to select smaller disk as destination disk.
- Clone partition: Transfer all data from one partition to another and provide three different methods to clone data.
- Migrate current Windows system into VMware virtual machine and make the system bootable in VMware.
- Backup any partition such as system partition, ESP partition, MSR partition or non-system partition to an image file, supporting full backup and incremental backup.
- Backup partition table and help to protect partitions from getting lost.
The step-by-step guide of copying Windows 10 to USB external drive with DiskGenius Free Edition
The entire process of migrating Windows to USB disk performed by DiskGenius Free Edition is quite intuitive, making the system migration task trouble-free. You will not find any difficulty in using the software. Moreover, current system won't be affected by the system copying process, which means your computer can either boot from current disk or the USB drive after DiskGenius finishes copying OS to USB.
- DiskGenius Free Edition.
- A USB drive which is large enough to hold the operating system.
- Make sure you've backed up all important files stored on the USB drive to somewhere else. The system migration process will remove and overwrite data on the USB drive.
Step 1: Launch DiskGenius Free Edition and check if the USB drive is recognized by the software.
Step 2: Click 'Tools' menu and choose 'System Migration' option from appeared menu. This will open the system migration wizard.
Step 3: Select the USB drive as the target disk and click OK button.
On the pop-up window, you can see all disk attached to the computer except the system disk. Make sure you select the correct disk as the destination disk.
Step 4: Select the option 'Set target disk to boot system via USB' and click Start button.
This option is going to make the USB drive bootable, which means your computer can boot system from the USB drive after you change boot sequence properly in BIOS; In addition, you can also modify the partition size for target disk. Place your mouse on the edge of partition and drag it to change its size.
After clicking Start button, DiskGenius will warn you that all data on the target disk will be removed. Click OK button to continue if you've backed up important data.
Step 5: Click Hot Migration button to start copying Windows.
By way of hot migration, DiskGenius will transfer current Windows operating system to target disk without shutting down computer. The migration task will be performed in the background, and you can use the computer to do other work at the same time.
Wait for the process the complete.
Bonus tip: How to boot Windows 10 from the USB drive?
After DiskGenius finishes copying Windows to your USB drive, you can try booting computer from the USB.
Step 1: Restart computer and repeatedly press certain key to enter BIOS.
At the start of booting process, you need to press a required key shown on the screen such as Del, F2, F1, etc. to access BIOS. Press the key as soon as you see it.
Step 2: Select the USB drive as the boot device, save changes and exit. After that, your computer will restart and boot system from the USB drive.
It may take longer time to boot from the USB drive, as it is the first time to boot from the USB drive and USB drive usually does not have a faster read/write speed as internal hard drives and SSDs.
After computer boots from the USB drive successfully, you will receive a message saying 'Keep the USB drive plugged in. Only remove it after you PC has shut down completely. Otherwise, your Windows To Go workspace might crash and you could lose data.'
This USB drive can also be used to boot other computers after changing boot sequence. However, your license key for Windows might not be valid on other computers since hardware gets changed.
You may also ask
1. Can I copy my operating system to a USB?
Yes, you can copy Windows operating system to a USB disk and then access system from it anywhere you want. With the help of a portable Windows, you can easily copy with unbootable computer. It is recommended to use free and reliable third-party system migration tool like DiskGenius Free Edition to copy OS.
Microsoft Windows 10 Download Usb Bootable
2. Can I save Windows 10 to USB?
Yes. Saving Windows to USB drive is possible, which can be achieved with the help of DiskGenius. You just need to make sure the USB drive is large enough to store the operating system and the USB drive is converted to HDD mode.
3. How do I copy Windows 10 to a flash drive?
There are two methods you can try when you want to copy Windows 10 to a USB flash drive, use the Windows To Go feature or a third-party program. Windows To Go feature is available for Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education, and it requires a specific USB drive. In addition, you can also use DiskGenius Free edition to do the job, whose 'System Migration' function supports to transfer Windows to a USB disk.
4. How do I transfer Windows 10 from HDD to SSD for free?
DiskGenius Free Edition is a free OS migration tool that can help you move Windows 10/8/7 from hard drive to new or even SSD/HDD free of charge, including migrate GPT to MBR/GPT and transfer MBR to MBR/GPT. Thus, there is no need to reinstall system and applications. You can refer to this page to learn detailed steps: How to Migrate Windows OS to New SSD /Hard Drive for FREE?
Windows 10 Os Free Usb Installer
Copying Windows 10 to a USB disk enables you to carry operating system on a portable disk anywhere you like and easily deal with computers which won't boot. DiskGenius Free Edition is the best alternative to Windows To Go, and it can transfer Windows OS to external hard drive or USB flash drive easily and quickly and make the USB drive bootable. In addition, DiskGenius Free Edition also supports to migrate current Windows into VMware virtual machine. For more information, free download DiskGenius and test it now.
Windows 10 Download Install Usb
DiskGenius - Free disk cloning software to clone hard drive to SSD or external HDD, copy BitLocker drive, clone disks with bad sectors and backup partition to an image file.
Windows 10 Download Tool Usb
Was This Page Helpful?